Lumineers are thin, porcelain shells that cover your natural teeth, effectively correcting discolored, misshapen, and chipped teeth. The fine, translucent porcelain allows Lumineers to look like your own natural teeth, only better. Lumineers are offered by Dr. Ben Yee in his practice for cosmetic dental care at Tsawwassen Commons Dental Centre.
A Visit for Cosmetic Dental Care
Lumineers generally take two visits to our office. During the first visit, Dr. Yee will help you determine if Lumineers are right for you. If so, an impression will be taken and you can discuss how you would like your new smile to look. Your custom Lumineers will be created from your impression.
The thin shells are .2 mm in thickness and can fit over your own teeth without requiring the removal of your tooth enamel as traditional veneers would. This makes the procedure completely reversible with no detrimental effects to your tooth structure. It also means that you may have Lumineers placed with no shots and no drilling.
Advantages of Lumineers
• You can transform your smile instantly.
• There are no shots and no drilling. The procedure is pain-free.
• Lumineers are durable and can last more than 20 years.
• None of your tooth enamel has to be removed for placement. Unlike traditional veneers, Lumineers are reversible.
• In milder cases, Lumineers can be used to hide crooked or gapped teeth for patients who do not wish to undergo orthodontic treatment.
Lumineers may be used to correct numerous cosmetic dental issues. If you have chipped, stained, or crooked teeth, Lumineers can give you a brighter, even smile without the pain and inconvenience of prolonged dental treatment. Call our office and schedule your appointment for a consultation with Dr. Yee to find out if you are a good candidate for Lumineers.