Preventive Dental Services
Dr. Chauhan firmly provides Preventive dental services Delta and believes that preventive dentistry is the foundation on which the future dental care relies. It starts even before the eruption of baby teeth and extends throughout the course of your life.
At TCDC, we offer unique oral health care programs for our patients:
- Patient education about the necessity of developing good habits at home which includes regular brushing and flossing.
- Regular recall exam and professional cleanings which includes 6 months- 12 months X-rays to diagnose cavities in between the teeth and the assessment of the gums, tartar removal and polishing.
- Dietary counseling to reinforce the need of balanced diet and reduce the consumption of carbohydrate rich foods as they provide home to the bacteria which in future causes the decay.
- Fluoride applications to reduce the susceptibility of the teeth to the cavities. Fluoride strengthens teeth and prevents tooth decay. Fluoride treatments are provided in dental offices, and dentists recommend using fluoride toothpastes and mouth rinses at home.
- Sealant application to seal the deep pits and fissures on the chewing surfaces of the back teeth to protect them from cavities.